[lbo-talk] poor, white and pisssed

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 23 13:43:39 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> But if you want to relate your example to the point I was actually arguing,
> a different analogy is in order. The labor loved the Hoffas despite their
> thuggishness, or rather because of it. The Hoffas might have stolen
> millions from union coffers and maimed or killed rank and file members - but
> they were tough-speaking, ass-kicking, red-blooded ruffians, which had a
> certain sex appeal to low class males. Neoliberal fund managers, otoh, tend
> to be effeminate, wimpy and nerdy eggheads - who the red-blooded male
> loves to hate no matter what they do in the financial markets and elsewhere.

Hence the interest by many young working class people in the black bloc tactic. ;-)

Or confrontational groups such as Anti-Racist Action, which beat down some effeminate Walter Mitty conservatives (Protest "Warriors") during the anti-inauguration protests.

Confrontational dissent also is supported by many among the urban poor--working people like protesters who fight back against the cops instead of trying to play nice.

Chuck