[lbo-talk] conference on women & the media

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Feb 23 15:14:53 PST 2005

There are several Whole Food stores in the Bay Area, and I try to avoid them as much as possible.

Why?

1. Outrageous prices 2. So-so quality. 3. Really, really outrageous prices 4. I get yelled at every time I smell something. Mortal fear of germs in that store. 5. What I know about their labor practices 6. The atmosphere in the store: this feel of "temple to the yuppie body" pervades the place with a definite narcissistic/porn feel to it all.

We are fortunate, in the Bay area, to have many alternatives.

Joanna