[lbo-talk] conference on women & the media

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Feb 23 18:09:45 PST 2005

> 1. Outrageous prices

I don't go there too often, but I remember the last time I was there I noticed they had a pretty decent selection of beer for much better prices than the other grocery stores I frequent (Berkeley Bowl, Andronicos). I used to have a problem with the parking at Berkeley Bowl until I learned to enjoy a three block walk through the neighborhood. It seems to take much less time than waiting for a spot and increasing the old blood pressure :)

I think Whole Foods is kind of like Starbucks: a Whole Foods in a place like Cleveland could really make your day. In a place that has lots of other choices, it just seems wrong.