[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart speaks

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 24 01:13:21 PST 2005

At 01:32 PM 2/21/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>[this bounced for excessive length, helped by lots of extraneous headers
>and formatting codes, which more than doubled the bulk from 11k to 23k -
>please, if you're forwarding stuff, edit and convert to plain text, please
>- less for me to do, and easier on the readers]

I posted this before, but the link has changed.

http://www.inkworkswell.com/tools/degarbleit.html

It was created by fellow LOBster, Matt McEahern. He posted the code long ago. Just put the garbled text into the left side of the form, click the DeGarbleIt button, and --voila!-- cleaned up text. Great for removing chevrons (>) from forwarded e-mail. You can also use it to clean up poorly formatted docs.

Haven't been able to reach Matt for a couple of years now. If by chance he's still on the list: "Thanks!"

http://www.rakfoundry.com