[lbo-talk] The Rapture Index & "white trash"

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Feb 24 10:45:39 PST 2005

DSR wrote:

>Yes.

I also grew up in the rural south (Mississippi) and your experience is completely the opposite of mine. I guess alot of it depends upon what you call "middle class". Middle class to me are not the poor whites who attend revivals, they are the ones who can afford a nice three bedroom home and own two cars -- nice cars. These were the base of the Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcolpalians, though not so much the Baptists. They would never go for the "rapture" and did not in experience, they would see it as un-intelligent babble.

Marta --