[lbo-talk] um, duh, tool?

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 18:58:19 PST 2005

At 09:06 PM 2/25/2005, W. Kiernan wrote:
>snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> >
> > who (real or fictional or somewhere in between) would you list as your
> > favorite tool?
>
>I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know what you mean by "tool." The only
>colloquial usage I know for "tool" is "someone who allows himmself to be
>contemptibly used," like Joe Lieberman or someone like that; you wouldn't
>have a favorite. Guessing wildly from context, maybe you mean "babe" or
>"hotty"?
>
>My favorite tool, literally, is named Ingrid. She's a Geodimeter 600
>robotic transit. I named her after Ingrid Bergman because 1.) she's so
>pretty, 2.) she's so-o-o smart 'n' talented, 3.) she's Swedish, and 4.) at
>the time I named her I was damned if I could speak her native language
>a-tall. Later on I got Spectra Precision to send me the programming
>manual, so now I do speak her language. But you don't mean literally.
>
>Yours WDK

LOL! Thanks for that. I've been doing the tedious work of proofreading the site. I NEEDED that.

At any rate, I kinda meant, who's your favorite tool to mock. Like the guy suck up that everyone picks on at work, only this would be someone who has a wider cultural cachet.

Reminds me: Brian also cracked me up with his jokes about doms lately.

THANKS!

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling