[lbo-talk] Is the working class declining ?

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 20:37:40 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:19:03 -0500, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:
> 1. Is the working class declining ?
>
> 2. What defines membership in the working class ?
<snip>

I'm harassed, bypassed , name trashed I'm a smart ass who thinks fast - - working class!

(Working class? I ain't never heard nobody use that term who did actual work. You sure you working class?)

I'm a teacher, Built a bleacher, small town preacher, book-keeper with a beeper, Plumb walls, take calls, head nurse, done worse

I've been harassed, bypassed , name trashed I'm a smart ass who thinks fast - - working class!

(Dontcha mean middle class? This is America. Ain't all 291 million of us middle class?)

I'm no lawbook, slick crook, keep ya wrigglin on my hook Underboss, gain and loss, gotta let ya go, old hoss Put down, push around, need me I'll be out of town

(No I'm none of that)

I'm: Service center, data enter, clean apartments for the renter build phones, scoop cones, carve the meat around the bones Make sales, guard jails, drive nails, serve ales Assembly line, keep planes flying, making coffee - grind it fine

Fix the heater, catch the cheater, move the scenery in the theater Grocery clerk, translate Turk, be polite to awful jerk

I'm harassed, bypassed , name trashed I'm a smart ass who thinks fast - - working class!