[lbo-talk] Who Set People Up for Disappointment and Demoralization?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 26 09:31:24 PST 2005

>At 11:27 AM 2/26/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote:
>>
>>>I've a feeling that, were we to count up posts, the number of posts
>>>pummeling Nader supporters/Nader would be quite a bit less than the
>>>number of posts pummeling Doug and others for not supporting Nader. :o
>>
>>Posts to lbo-talk in 2004 containing the word "Nader"
>>
>>from dhenwood at panix.com 251
>>from furuhashi.1 at osu.edu 491
>>
>>Doug
>
>;o now, add in "green party".

Have you guys realized that, since I added "Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/>" to my signature, all my postings with that signature show up in your search for postings containing the word "Nader," including postings that said nothing about Nader within messages themselves? Cf. <http://search.lbo-talk.org/search/swish.cgi?query=nader&metaname=swishdefault&sort=unixdate>
:->

I hope that, if not you and Doug who appear committed to denying _any_ responsibility for the lose-lose-lose disaster in 2004, the rest of Americans on the (broadly defined) left are too disappointed, disgusted, or outraged by the John Kerry debacle to give as much support to the Democratic Party presidential candidate in 2008 as they did in 2004. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>