[lbo-talk] Russia's foreign policy challenges

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 08:29:07 PST 2005

--- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> Even worse scenario is Musharraf being overthrown by
> Al-Qaeda sympathisers in the Pakistani army.
> Musharraf has already survived narrowly three
> assasination attempts in less than two years. See
> news report "Army officers behind assassination
> bids: Musharraf" below.

Yes that would be a nightmare scenario. I wouldn't trust an Islamist with access to a cotton ball, much less a nuke. The further Islamists stay away from power or access to _anything_, the better. Well, the Iranians are OK, but they're kind of old-fashioned 1970s Islamists. I have a zero-tolerance view when it comes to jihadis.

Any truth to the claims, as far as you know, that the ISI is funding (or has funded) the Islamists in Chechnya?

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!