[lbo-talk] The Boston Herald discovers anarchists in the Hub

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Feb 28 20:03:43 PST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:08:38 -0600 Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> writes:
> Jim Farmelant wrote:
>
> > ChuckO take note:
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > FBI: Anarchists operating in Hub
> > By Michele McPhee/ HERALD EXCLUSIVE
> > Monday, February 28, 2005
> >
> > http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=70734
>
> The Boston Herald is a right wing newspaper that plays fast and
> loose
> with the facts.

That's being kind.

> It's pretty clear that in this article that they are
>
> just rewriting press releases from the FBI. This nonsense doesn't
> portray the ABCF accurately or the anarchist movement in Boston.
>
> Evidently the FBI has gotten tired of scaring people with Arabic
> "terorist" bogeymen.
>
> Speaking of bogus scare tactics, does anybody know when the last
> time
> the terrorism alert system was changed colors? Did the Bush
> administration drop these color-coded scare tactics once they got
> re-elected?
>
> Here's a comment from Infoshop News on the Boston Herlad garbage:
>
> "Apparently this is the woman who also wrote the "Eastie Gang linked
> Al-Qaida" article and a couple of other
> stories that have been making the rounds on the Right.

Thanks for reminding me about that. That story was even more over the top than the stories about anarchists in Bean Town. Here is a link to a right-wing anti-immigration website that has posted that article: http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=153

I used to work in Eastie and would sometimes see some of those guys, hanging around. Al-quaida terrorists? Fancy that!