[lbo-talk] Iraqi Rebels Say They're Fighting To Prevent Gay Marriage

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 1 09:38:49 PST 2005

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 09:53:17 -0600, Stephen E Philion <philion at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> I knew there was a reason why I should support the carpet bombing of
> cities in Iraq, outbreaks of cholera, TB, and god knows what else among
> a population that is 1/2 under age 15...to help them win gay marriage!!

Congrats Steve, you can be as sarcastic and sectarian as Proyect here>...Michael, for the sake of political clarity, you should preface this news clipping with a brief statement of why you are posting it. As I understand it, this mailing list states on its home page: Please include some original comment with newsitems etc.

Since you are not in the habit of including your own comments, let me do this for you:

"This is another example of the bestial behavior of the Islamic radicals in Iraq that the USA is endeavoring to suppress, in order that Baghdad will enjoy the same freedoms as New York or San Francisco. It is really too bad that the left has not gotten on board the same train as Christopher Hitchens or Norm Geras when it comes to these questions."

The FSLN, FMLN or Vietnamese NLF fought reactionary sexual ideologies. To be against this brutal stupid imperial war one doesn't have to think the insugents, in the main, are a progressive force and leftists who think the occupation will be ended by all the carnage they commit exhibit a cruel mix of naivete and cynicism.

-- Michael Pugliese