[lbo-talk] Iraqi Rebels Say They're Fighting To Prevent Gay Marriage

Leigh Meyers leigh_m at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 1 15:18:04 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Stephen E Philion To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:10 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Iraqi Rebels Say They're Fighting To Prevent Gay Marriage

Leigh, here's the fuller context of the remarks that Michael and Norm G. pulled out of context to make their tirades against Klein seem to be based on a rational assessment of the arguments Klein makes:

NK: They’re using feminism and women’s issues to advance the occupation in a really dangerous way, because they are sullying the reputation of women’s issues, which could be seized upon by anti-women forces in Iraq. It is easy then to say, ‘if you are advocating women’s rights, you’re for the occupation’. <>

It's OK... I do understand, I was just trying to lighten it up a bit.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.299 / Virus Database: 265.6.7 - Release Date: 12/30/2004