[lbo-talk] one day "shopping" boycott

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 08:24:44 PST 2005

Munson:

> Give me a well-designed, fun publication like Adbusters to
> reach new converts over the usual ugly leftist fare.

Touche, Chuck!

> We've had this discussion several times before

Indeed, we have . . .

> One important lesson I learned in sculpture is that
> presentation matters. If your magazine is ugly, or if you
> have crappy editing, few people are going to pay
> attention to you or your message.

I seem to remember that the last time we had this discussion, SOMEONE on this list was giving me shit for dumping on the low production values of the Democracy Now! TV version.

By the way, if anyone wants to see a visually hideous publication, try Z Magazine. Good God!

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

Tell no lies, claim no easy victories.