[lbo-talk] Missing the Marx

Leigh Meyers leigh_m at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 2 10:36:25 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Doss To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 9:14 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Missing the Marx

> Oh come, now you are starting to sound like Charles.
> Why can't I say just as well, given the hash that
> the
> Soviets made of their part of the world . . . .
>
> jks

Uh, living standards in Kazakhstan were higher in 1980 than they were in 1910, or lower? They were nomads in 1910; now they've got a cosmodrome.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah great! Everybody that's native to the area get to play service worker to the scientific/military crowd from elsewhere.

Why does that remind me of what's happened to the Bay Area over the last 50 years or so? I'm sure the environment around the cosmodrome is non-toxic, too!

~~ Interviewer: What do you think of all the modern progress? Black Elk: ...I guess that depends on what you are progressing towards.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.299 / Virus Database: 265.6.7 - Release Date: 12/30/2004