[lbo-talk] Re: Atheistic religions (Was Reich)

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 2 13:19:05 PST 2005

Dear List:

Justin asks:

> Brian, are you Zen or or some other sort?

Tendai, from which Zen developed.

But I am curious: almost everyone on the list is anti-religion. I will agree that in the name of religion an obscene amount of wrongs have been committed.

But then you also have LBO people who are for central planning? So if having God and his minions tell people what to do is wrong, what is so great about central planning, i.e., having selected people make decisions for others.

In the Soviet Union, China and Cuba they planned the economy and then went on to try and control people's sex lives. See the connection? Once people start planning they get carried away. That is why the Soviet Union and China failed: people do not wanted to be dictated to.

I, personally, do not want to be told whom I can fuck (or be fucked by), what I can read, what art I can produce or view. I asked Charles earlier why markets were private property and whether markets were always capitalist. He ignored my query, so I am asking again.

What is wrong with markets? Aren't markets how people make known what they want? If you put the economy in the hands of a few planners they will probably create an economy that reflects their needs and prejudices.

If I am correct, capitalism is bad since it is in a way central planning since those with wealth/power are the ones who control production and expolit workers.

But how is putting the controls in others' hands any better?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister