[lbo-talk] Re: Missing the Marx

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 18:44:43 PST 2005

But, Brian, Comrade Gorky said, "in the fascist countries, homosexuality, which ruins youth, flourishes without punishment; in the country where the proletariat has audaciously achieved social power, homosexuality has been declared a social crime and is heavily punished."

And Castro to Lee Lockwood in '71, in Castro's Cuba, Cuba's Fidel, "We would never come to believe that a homosexual could embody the conditions and requirements of conduct that would enable us to consider him a true Revolutionary, a true Communist. A deviation of that nature clashes with the concept we have of what a militant Communist should be."

Well there you have it. -- Michael Pugliese, insert ironic emoticon