[lbo-talk] Investing in Russia? Some LBO folks have asked

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 06:08:54 PST 2005

> What would the Yeltsin gang have done with the
> higher oil revenue?
> Stolen it, right?
>
> Doug

That's what happened the last time oil prices were high! They had no such benefits for the Russian economy at that time.

I recently read Roy Medvedev's last book on Putin (he's written two). Man does he adore Putin.

Medvedev's recent book on Andropov (another folk hero over here) is very good, BTW. I doubt it will ever get translated. I had no idea A. and Gorbachev were so close. Apparently Andropov used to challenge Gorbachev to contests to see who knew Cossack songs better. Ury Vladimirovich was a Don Cossack himself, so he won.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!