[lbo-talk] Gore Vidal: Lincoln Was, Like, Totally Gay

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 11:10:53 PST 2005

Doug Ireland, Was Abe Lincoln Gay? The blockbuster book that will change America’s history http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/49/news-ireland.php Gay Abe http://www.twnonline.org/archive_twn/041118/041118_forum_jesses_journal.html Lincoln scholar David Donald, who wrote about the Lincoln/Speed relationship in “We Are Lincoln Men,” calls Kramer’s claims of a sexual relationship “highly dubious.” Not being one to let criticism go unanswered, Kramer retorted that “I have read all the biographies, and they are full of shit.” This certainly applies to the works of Donald, who Kramer (a Yale man) dismisses as “some dried old heterosexual prune at Harvard.”

Heh, Larry Kramer always full of fire. Anyone here read his novel from the 70's, "Faggots"???

-- Michael Pugliese