[lbo-talk] Gore Vidal: Lincoln Was, Like, Totally Gay

Jim Westrich westrich at nodimension.com
Tue Jan 4 12:42:06 PST 2005

Quoting lweiger at umich.edu:

> Quoting Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>:
>
> > As Kinsey argued, homosexuality/heterosexuality is not an "either/or"
> > proposition but a continuum measured on a scale 1-10. Most people fall
> > somewhere in between.
>
> Evidence from anyone other than Kinsey himself? According to Hamer, most are
> either 1.1s or 9.9s. That corresponds pretty closely with my impressions of
> myself and others.

I don't know of any population based work by Hamer. Didn't he work with people who already identified as 1's and 6's by design (the Kinsey scale is 1-6 is it not?)? I cannot say I know much sex studies but your weird reductionism is truly unhelpful.

Jim

"There's a million things to be and you know that there are."

--Yusuf Islam