[lbo-talk] Atheistic religions (Was Reich)

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 18:18:14 PST 2005

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood

Excellent idea. We've got a friend who runs focus groups for a living - maybe she can help us out. What do today's god-users need in a deity? What's the proper mix of support and critique? Stern disciplinarian or warm bath of friendly light? One god or many? Etc.

Not that I'd want to perpetuate the narcissism of contemporary US pop-theism, but I could really use a deity that would allow me to rather effortlessly reconstitute my very recently deceased cat [miss u Alli: 1-2-05] from a tuft of her hair and, say, a can of her favorite food. I just need the requisite algorithms...........

Ian