[lbo-talk] Re: blame the south?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jan 5 11:29:14 PST 2005

Tommy Kelly:
> Question: If the whinny south is getting such a sweet-heart deal: Why is
> there so much poverty still in the southeat?
> "/Federal spending on defense and other procurement dollars are often
> funneled to the states of powerful Members of Congress/"
>
> Oh yea, defense. I forgot about ol' Newt Gingrich contribution to
> American politics. Alabama ex-govenor giving a tax break to Mercedes,
> and now Honda. Oh who am I kidding, we southerners are filthy rich. We
> "common folks" burn 100 dollar bills for shits and giggles.

Southern "common folks" may not be the ones who lit their cigars with $100 bills, but they are the people who keep electing scumbug corrupt and racist politicians who loot federal treasury and spew hatemongering, Jesse Helm, Newt Gingrich - the list is long. It is one thing to elect a politician that later turns out to be corrupt, and a very different thing to consistently elect the worst political scum in the nation. The South is guilty of the later, and this is worse than burning $100 bills.

Wojtek