[lbo-talk] Re: Atheistic religions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 5 14:38:17 PST 2005

Carl Remick wrote:

>What about the Holy Ghost, the Rodney Dangerfield of the Trinity?
>I've never been clear on the HG's job description, but He/She/It is
>often depicted as a dove, which right off the bat would seem to make
>the HG more congenial company than the other two Almighties.

An early 1970s National Lampoon had the HG fluttering around, with the complaint: "Hey, ladies. Be kind to me. I haven't gotten any in almost 2000 years!"

But rejecting the Holy Ghost is the only unforgivable sin, if I'm remembering my Catholic doctrine right. That's hardly Dangerfield territory.

Doug