[lbo-talk] the holy ghost

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Wed Jan 5 19:46:22 PST 2005

I think it's just a con to make ALL Christians confused trinitarians so as to better steel them against the Muslim monotheistic menace (so Christians aren't really monotheists, but childish pagans doing their thing). Certainly the image the phrase 'Father, Son and Holy Ghost' evokes goes well with a sort of fascist symbology. Guess I (Fugazy) will burn in hell.

But perhaps the roots go back beyond history, and perhaps Judgement Day was when the Berlin Wall fell? No shit, take a look at this guy's vision:

lyrics to the song "Comes a Time" (1990) by Stuart Adamson

It's a holy place if you see things that way Then they rattle the bones and the analysts play
>From his backward collar on a worn out book
Another working class poet with an abstractlook

chorus So take me up to the edge of the world And push me over again Lead me up to the edge of the world There comes a time

Now, shake your hair and rattle your cans It's a service funded by a self-made man Talks to victims and industrial spies He feeds you tobacco for the four-minute mile

repeat chorus

With some strange god and a good right hand We can chase the ghost from the promised land If the promised land turns out as it should We can flood the place with consumer goods

When the African general meets the bingo queen And the collective farmer joins the teenage dream When the miracle worker saves the chat show host And the caveman paints another holy ghost

chorus repeat twice

We can storm the walls in our leisure wear While we trap the beast in his stormy lair Then we'll smooth his image and we'll save his soul While we fill our schools with the gold we stole

-- _______________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10