[lbo-talk] Investing in Russia? Some LBO folks have asked

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 10:16:57 PST 2005

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> While I grinned in the blue tinted cockpit of my
> car, an NPR on-air
> personality was interviewing some fellow - one of
> those Russians who
> specialize in appearing in Western media declaring
> everything in Russia
> and its neighborhood an indication of looming
> darkness.
>
> On and on this wanker droned about the "loss of
> civil society" and a
> "failure to respect international law and practice".
> He was referring
> to Moscow's lack of proper deference to the
> bankruptcy protection filing
> Yukos execs made in Houston (interesting choice of
> venue, oui?).

I wonder who it was -- it's a man, so it can't be Anna "When Other People Get Sick on a Plane, It's Because of Bad Food, But When I Get Sick on a Plane, it's Because I was Poisoned by the Kremlin" Politkovskaya. That makes me think it must have been Pavel "the wordwide anti-Iraq-war protests were all organized by the governments of Arab countries and France" Felgenhaur. Doesn't matter, they all write for the same newspaper anyway.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!