[lbo-talk] Re: Trotsky on Soviet Planning

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 09:04:57 PST 2005

--- Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote: I ws thinking of the general tone of life, the peasant morality (I think it was Deutscher who said the Soviets had "bourgeouis Puritanism" -- WRONG! It was peasant Puritanism), the cult of the leader, the "levelling down" nature of some of the attitude, even the style of art.

---

I forgot the obvious example of mummifying Lenin. Duh.

Wasn't it Berdyayav who called Bolshevism "the Russian Orthodox variant of marxism"?

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!