[lbo-talk] D.H. Lawrence on Human Nature and Money's Nurturing Ways...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 9 12:38:51 PST 2005

I noticed this observation and thought y'all might want to contemplate it as well in terms of the corrosion of human solidarity associated with the commodification of human relations.

Best, Mike B)

I am convinced that the majority of people today have good, generous feelings which they can never know, never experience, because of some fear, some repression. I do not believe that people would be villains, thieves, murderers and sexual criminals if they were freed from legal restraint. On the contrary, I think the vast majority would be much more generous, good-hearted and decent if they felt they dared be. I am convinced that people want to be more decent, more good-hearted than our social system of money and grab allows them to be. The awful fight for money, into which we are all forced, hurts our good nature more than we can bear. I am sure this is true of a vast number of people. Assorted Articles, The State of Funk http://d2.kalliope.org/~bbb/thepierianspring.dk/lawrence.htm

===== ******************************************************************* Direct action gets satisfaction. http://www.geocities.com/swillsqueal/SampleChapterWageSlaveEscape.html