[lbo-talk] N Korea wages war on long hair

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 11:25:33 PST 2005

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Leigh Meyers wrote:
> >
> >> The programme allowed men aged over 50 seven
> centimetres of upper hair to
> >> cover balding.

Before you know it, they will be allowing young people to listen to weird "Beatles" music (actually I read something like this circa 1980 in a text on political economy put out by the Communist Party of China during the Cultural Revolution...weird "Beatles" music was given as evidence of advanced decay in capitalist society.)

-Thomas

===== <<Furthermore, we must ask what does the dialectician want? What does this will which wills the dialectic want? It is an exhausted force which does not have the strength to affirm its difference, a force which no longer acts but rather reacts to the forces which dominate it-only such a force brings to the foreground the negative element in its relation to the other. Such a force denies all that it is not and makes this negation its own essence and the principle of its existence.>> -Gilles Deleuze "Nietzche & Philosophy"