[lbo-talk] Stalin worship

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 09:26:32 PST 2005

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com:

so is it true that stalin's gravesite always has the most flowers on it? --adx

---

I haven't really looked -- it's kind of hard to peek at it behind the Mausoleum. But there have always been flowers in front of the Stalin statue in the sculpture garden near Gorky Park (it's surrounded by sculptures representing victims of the purges, but I don't think the flowers are intended for them). The Communists lais wreathes on his grave on his birthday a short while ago -- I saw it on TV.

Supposedly, Saakashvili started off one of his final rallies in front of the statue of Stalin in Gorky. Georgians really like Stalin. One of these friends of mine I keep mentioning went down there recently and was horrified when the tourguide began handing out pamphlets extolling the great Father of the Peoples, the world's greatest Georgian ever. She was horrified -- lost family in the Terror.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!