[lbo-talk] Re: stalin worship

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 12:46:12 PST 2005

The Red Army won the war in large part. Credit Zhukov, credit Chuikov, credit Rossokovsky, etc. Stalin's appalling idiocy, first in purging the Red Army down to the rank of captain in 1938 (murdering Tukachevsky, a genuine military genius, among others), themn in ignoring the certain intelligence of the coming attack, then in moving the forward defenses into Poland, then in the moronic "not oner step backwards" order, then in arresting soldierts who'd been captured or surrounded and escaped . . . need I go on? The Soviets won the war despite Stalin, not because of him.