[lbo-talk] re: conclusion to Tigar's defense of Stewart

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Tue Jan 11 12:57:58 PST 2005

Thanks, Doug, for putting this up! You're a good citizen.

The prosection rebuttal - ended earlier today - was disfigured by personal ad hominem attacks on Mike. On several occasions Mike was forced to interrupt the prosecutor and object, with the objections sustained (i.e. approved) by the none-too-courageous judge. This is most unusual. I told Mike that this was the greatest compliment that could be paid to him, and that he should be generous in his personal triumph.

The judge charges the jury tomorrow and they will begin their deliberations.

As for any continued discussions, I will not praticipate in response to any post that accepts the basic validity of the government's case against Lynne Stewart, since we have a rule against calling any poster a cop.

john mage