[lbo-talk] Re: nailing the holy ghost

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:53:31 PST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:33:23 +0000, Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Jeffrey Fisher <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com>
> >
> >... job's god is, alas,
> >irretrievably masculine.
>
> Yes, a real beer-swilling, ass-scratching mesomorph with no tact at all. No
> wonder He usually lets His PR guy the Holy Ghost do the talking.

i guess. but job's god isn't the sort of god who bothers with a holy ghost, afaict. i mean, come on: he has the "satan" (which clearly is not yet the devil of later judaism and christianity) doing his work. if that's his "pr", he's clearly not concerned with pr as we understand it. but that, of course, is what's interesting about the god of job.

i don't think he's either beer-swilling or ass-scratching, but he's certainly very warrior-macho. and if it's true that he's got no tact, it's only because, well, i mean, he's f****ing god, after all. why the f*** does he *need* tact?