[lbo-talk] Does Al Qaeda Exist?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 12 09:56:39 PST 2005

Michael Dawson wrote:

>The willful thickness of you hoax fetishists is as necessary and predictable
>to your hyper-liberal twaddle as it is stunning to those of us who care
>about how power actually works.
>
>You and I both know what conspiracy theory you're peddling. It's the
>pathetic one that suggests Al Qaeda doesn't exist and that Dick Cheney flew
>those jets into their targets.

There's an extremely sensible piece in the New York Review of Books <http://www.nybooks.com/articles/17676> by Jonathan Raban called "The Truth About Terrorism." It reviews the British TV show along with several books, and takes the documentary very seriously. It's worth reading the review before you go around kicking people in the ass.

Doug