[lbo-talk] Does Al Qaeda Exist?

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Jan 12 15:39:32 PST 2005

> I don't see how believing Scheer's descriptions of the purportedly
> decentralized nature of Al Qaeda logically entails also believing that the
> war in Afghanistan "didn't have anything to do" with preventing future
> acts
> of terrorism, or even believing that doing so wasn't one efficacious (or
> even essential) means to that end.
>
> -- Luke

It _did_ have something to do with terrorism: It greatly increased its likelihood. Criticizing Scheer's crap doesn't mean endorsing the unilateral U.S. invasion of Afghanistan. I suppose that doesn't register with Israel supporters like you.

The answer to this disaster has always been the same: Cracking down, legally and internationally, and including radical policy change as well as policing, on _all_ the assholes peddling racism and religious war.