[lbo-talk] Stop Flogging the Dead Donkey and Own the Power of a Spoiler

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 09:17:57 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski:

They protested because the system that provided them with bread and circuses collapsed and the bottom fell of their daily lives. People rebelled because they saw no future in Ukraine - the only real opportunity was either sex work (if you were a woman) or hard dangerous or menial work nobody else wanted (if were a man) west of the border. --

Or, alternatively, you could get a job as a waitress, open a publishing firm, or do Internet design, as all the Ukrainians I know do. You sound like Worker's Vanguard.

Those were mostly Kievan (KIEVAN = MIDDLE CLASS) UNIVERSITY STUDENTS protesting. The working class people were protesting in Donetsk. Prostitutes come from tiny villages or are drug addicts. I've gone into this before.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!