[lbo-talk] Stop Flogging the Dead Donkey and Own the Power of a Spoiler

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 13 10:31:25 PST 2005

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org, Wed Jan 12 21:29:02 PST 2005:
>Rationalize sitting on your ass if you want to, but nobody is going
>to take ABB progressives seriously if they aren't organizing people
>to take to the streets. If Bush really isn't that bad, then why
>waste time opposing him? Perhaps we ought to get real and oppose the
>one party system that runs America and the rest of the world.

Professional AnybodyButBush ideologues probably never believed their own hype about George W. Bush -- it was just for the purpose of guilt-tripping leftists into voting for John Kerry against their own interests. Before election day, Bob Shrum said in the Washington Post: he stood "to earn $5 million on the presidential race, win or lose." Looking only at how much money the Democratic Party, its candidates, and allied non-profits raked in, we can see that the 2004 elections were a Smashing Success for them.

The only losers among players in the Democratic Party camp is organized labor and erstwhile Black political brokers. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * "Proud of Britain": <http://www.proudofbritain.net/ > and <http://www.proud-of-britain.org.uk/>