[lbo-talk] Re: Hayekians and other supporters . . . etc.

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 13 10:33:17 PST 2005

Dear List:

Charles writes:

> By only discussing the crimes of Stalinism and not
discussing the much greater crimes of capitalism and the market you coverup that you are the enemy of the human race in this debate. Capitalism and the market are responsible for many more crimes against humanity than Stalinism.

Charles you always engage in this tactic and it is unworthy of you. When discussing the crimes of Stalinism, the subject is the crimes of Stalinism. You do the same thing when I bring up homophobia. You attempt to derail the the conversation by trying compare and contrast different instances of homophobia.

Playing the "which ________ perpetrated the greatest crimes" game is an academic conceit. Life is not a seminar in which each of us must continuously prepare and defend "compare and contrast" essays. Life is about being presented with problems and solving them so we can then go on to the next problem.

Crimes were committed under Stalin. Question: how do we prevent them from occurring again. Your "compare and contrast" approach is useless in daily life where people solve problems, not write papers.

You make yourself an enemy of the human race when you try to distract people from solving problems with useless academic questions.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister