[lbo-talk] Armstrong as self-syndicator

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Jan 13 11:02:17 PST 2005

Carl Remick wrote:

> I myself will be
> forever proud of voting for Kerry. If the true silent majority are indeed
> the dead, they deserve one of their own as president someday -- a claim I
> was glad to recognize by my vote for Kerry.

The dead are the Left's greatest allies (Heiner Mueller's insight, not my own). They do no harm to the living; only the living prey on the living. This is why $auron's minions hate and fear history, historians, memory, and intellectuals who talk about these things. Because ghosts occasionally come back to life. The ghosts of those murdered by the US imperial war on the Philippines during 1898-1902 have returned, in the guise of the insurgents fighting the murderous imperial war of the US on Iraq.

The Dead are on the march.

-- DRR