[lbo-talk] Fw: And you voted for Bush, because?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 19:22:14 PST 2005

How's this for logic:

"I didn't vote for Kerry because a vote for Kerry is a vote for Michael Moore."

That's what my girlfriend's mother told her brother. How can you even begin to talk to a person like that on any meaningful level?

B.

-------

Wojtek wrote:

"I think Bush won because he successfully captured the ABUL (Anybody but an Urban Liberal) vote. Kerry was an incarnation of an Urban Liberal as evidenced by him attracting mainly urban votes. As such he was an icon of what the suburban and rural folks love to hate. Bush operatives knew that and successfully portrayed voting for Bush as a protest vote."

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978