[lbo-talk] Re: conspiracy

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 13 22:19:37 PST 2005

At 01:06 AM 1/14/2005, frank scott wrote:
>"...The republicans put effort into getting Kerry nominated by
>influencing the NH
>primary and Iowa caucus. Rove supposedly sent out a memo asking
>republicans
>to participate in the primary and caucus. Kerry was their pick precisely
>
>because he was an Urban Liberal. He was also a weak candidate because he
>
>was a Sen. and Senators have voting records that are, just as it turned
>out, contradictory..."
>
>sorry, but that sounds like 911 conspiracy stuff..."they" arranged
>everything...
>
>like democrats aren't stupid enogh to pick a loser? did karl rove
>arrange for walter mondale? dukakis?
>
>fs

I'll be happy to send you his e-mail address. He worked with Reagan and was important to the Dole campaign. This year, he spent his time in Winsconsin canvassing for the Republicans. The practice of participating in the caucuses and primaries is nothing new and, indeed, if you look around there are news stories about it.

Finally, this bullshit about calling everything a conspiracy theory is...well...bullshit.

When parties strategize, they also think about who their favorite opponent is.

People do sit around in smoke filled rooms and make plans. THAT is not conspiracy theorizing. It's a fact. Just as democrats plotted ways to get rid of Ralph. Just as republicans plotted ways to help Ralph.

Can we have some sort of FAQ about conpiracy theory and its definition so we can post it every time someone uses it as a substanceless slam.

Kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling