[lbo-talk] Stop Flogging the Dead Donkey and Own the Power of a Spoiler

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 14 16:50:07 PST 2005

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>It wasn't Chuck0 but you, Tariq Ali, and other utopian
>>AnybodyButBush intellectuals who made a promise that they would
>>promote voting for John Kerry until November 3rd and then would
>>organize huge protests at the inauguration of the next POTUS. For
>>instance, you wrote that "He [Tariq Ali] also said in a part of the
>>interview I didn't transcribe that should Kerry win, his
>>inauguration should be the occasion for the largest antiwar demo in
>>U.S. history. I agree with that as well"
>>(<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/024586.html>).
>>Therefore, you have a bigger political responsibility to make the
>>counter-inaugural happen than Chuck0 does, since that's what you
>>advocated.
>
>The sentence said "should Kerry win." He lost.
>
>Doug

Let me get it straight.

George W. Bush is so horrid that we must do all we can to make sure that we squash any challenger to the left of the wretched Democratic nominee and ensure Bush's removal and the Democrat's election.

If the wretched Democrat wins, activists who helped to elect him should turn out in massive numbers to protest the said Democrat's inauguration, but if the wretched Democrat loses and loses worse than the previous wretched Democrat who ran in 2000, activists who opposed Bush's re-selection have no reason to protest, because the horrid Bush won the popular vote fair and square?

Does that make sense to you? -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * "Proud of Britain": <http://www.proudofbritain.net/ > and <http://www.proud-of-britain.org.uk/>