[lbo-talk] Re: Panix.net

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 16:47:30 PST 2005

On Jan 16, 2005, at 4:27 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> A simple question: does all this mean that any data about us,
>> the LBO list subscribers, was compromised?
>
> lbo-talk is not hosted at panix.
>
> that being said, the lbo-talk archives are public.
>
> not sure that answers your question,

Yes, I think it does. So actually the thing that happened to panix has nothing to do with the "unscheduled downtime" that happened to our list -- they were just coincidental? I'm just concerned because somewhere in the discussion about the panix "hijacking" someone said that whoever did it could be trying to get passwords, etc., of customers of panix.

Is there any explanation for the downtime of this list, then?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)