[lbo-talk] LBO poll update

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 17 10:37:37 PST 2005

snit snat wrote:

> I'd forgotten about the poll, 'til doing some site maintenance. Looks
> like only 10% of poll takers, who I assume are the regular posters and
> readers of the list, are employed in Higher Education, which really
> doesn't say much about how 'cushy' their lives are. If they're a grad
> stud and/or adjunct -- hardly a cushy life.

> Business 23% 22
> University or College 10% 10
> Non-profit Organization 14% 13
> Self-employed 15% 14
> K-12 Educational Institution 2% 2
> Government 10% 10
> Unemployed 18% 17
> Sex Industry 0% 0
> Other 8% 8

This poll doesn't say much about how cushy people's live are. You need to do a poll about income. Looking at the poll results, I would group Business, University, Non-profit, and Government respondents as living comfy lives. Of course, there are some people who get paid little by non-profits. The poll also doesn't indicate if the "self-employed" people are just scraping by or are running businesses that give them a nice house.

Chuck