[lbo-talk] frontiers of financial innovation

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 18 15:04:13 PST 2005

I love this phrase I just read in a letter to Business Week: "negative amortization variable-interest mortages with low teaser rates." I'm guessing that this means that in the early stages, your monthly payment doesn't even cover the interest, so the difference gets tacked on to the principal - and, should market interest rates rise, so will your mortgage payment. What are people thinking when they sign up for these things?