[lbo-talk] Re: lefties, fullfilment

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jan 19 12:08:20 PST 2005

BklynMagus wrote:

>>From this desire arises philosophies such as Chuck0's: no
> work, no moralism, all pleasure. Chuck0's saying that
> he "likes violence and destruction" is a direct consequence
> of the desire for continual satisfaction: as reality continues
> to oppose this desire, ever more desperate attempts are
> made to bring reality to heel. Finally, the rebuffed hedonist
> resorts to violence and destruction to get his way. Of
> course, if others, also pursuing their own paths of continual
> pleasure, use violence against her, she is outraged and
> condemns such barbaric practices.

No, I don't "like" violence and destruction, nor do I desire these things out of some hedonistic impulse. As friends who know me can attest, I am not a violent or destructive person. However, I do support the use of violence and destruction for political reasons. This is a conclusion that I arrived at after years of experience as an activist and after thinking about what kinds of social change are effective.

That's what works for me. Brian is opposed to violence and destruction. I can live with that. Whatever floats your boat.

Chuck