[lbo-talk] frontiers of financial innovation

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 12:39:48 PST 2005

To be honest, I haven't the foggiest idea who's more right and who's less wrong in the housing financing debate that's unfolded in this thread.

What I do know is that Jordan's obviously very, very comfortable with this thing - its rules, moods, idiosyncrasies and hidden corners - and appears to be qualified to 'work the problem', as we geeks sometimes say about complex systems.

But I wonder how many people enjoy this same level of knowledge and comfort with the specialized language?

When someone's trying to buy a home and the phrase "negative amortization variable-interest mortgages with low teaser rates" is tossed in the air, like a deliciously twirling cheerleader, do they really know what they're getting themselves into?

.d.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.0 - Release Date: 1/17/2005