[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 13:23:00 PST 2005

Scab Munson:

> Of course! Am I supposed to be following some kind of
> orders? Am I a heretic for violating the moral code of the
> First Church of Labor?

Yes, asshole, you ARE supposed to be following requests for solidarity from workers in struggle -- that's what union picketlines are. You think it's a matter of individual choice; it's not. It's at moments like this that you reveal yourself for what you are: nothing but a liberal (if that!) with an admixture of meaningless militant rhetoric.

Meanwhile, Doug says:

> Uh, you can make your point without the invective.

Doug, describing Chuck as a scab is not meaningless "invective" -- it's accurate. He's said that he would cross picketlines even of workers who had requested that he not do so, on the grounds that he can make his own decisions about whether they are on strike or picketing for "stupid reasons." That is how a scab thinks, and it is not excusable.

I also told him that he could go fuck himself, but that's nowhere near as hostile as calling him a scab.

I am not joking.