[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Jan 19 15:31:46 PST 2005

I was talking more about the violent, stampeding tone of Mr. Lacny's replies. I agree that there are very, very few times one should cross a picket line. Technically, however, even Mr. Lacny himself mentions one such case, and there are others -- e.g. you can cross of nurse's picket line if your child or other loved one is bleeding to death. And the lack of legitimate reasons doesn't change the fact that moral persuasion, not Lacny's cop-talk, ought to be the way we talk about this. It IS an individual moral choice.