[lbo-talk] Re: lefties, fulfillment

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 20:23:03 PST 2005

But there are quite a few
> on the left who want to proclaim themselves radicals
> and pursue prosperpous middle-class careers at the
> same time. They are uncomfortable with Marxism
> because it reminds them that these two things may
> not be altogether compatible.

Well, I guess I'm one of these. I must be a very bad person. Unlike old Karl, I don't have a sugar daddy capitalist to keep me in beer and skittles while I think interesting thoughts and organize the revolution. I suppose I should give up on thinking about a retirement that involves healthcare, much less bourgeois luxueries like travel, and maybe staying out of a cardboard box, and I should console my kids with the thought that public colleges are fine and loans are avaialble. I should devote myself to . . to what? Maybe it is bad to be a lawyer, taht only legitimates the System.

Maybe I should go to work for some unorganized industry and try to organize it, That has been real successful amongst my comrades in Solidarity. So, what should I do if I want to be a self-respecting leftist? Obviously not be an antitrustr lawyer (deefending markets, very bad) or a white collar criminal defense lawyer (defending bourgeois fraudsters who get caught). Please, Mr. Marxist Man, what should I do to avoid "a less demanding form of leftism" and ger rightw ith the Proletariat?

You are so full of shit, T, I can't even begin to explain why and how. It's not your fauolt that Marxism is politically irrelevant, but you're not helping any.

jks