[lbo-talk] frontiers of financial innovation

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 23:18:37 PST 2005

At 12:12 AM 1/20/2005, Chuck0 wrote:

>Did I see an article somewhere about groups of people who take out credit
>cards together, live it up, and take turns declaring bankruptcy.

heh. Haven't seen an article, but the ex-beau's brother did this with a friend of his. J, a wandering artist who makes things out of bottle caps, soda cans, etc., went to Thailand for the tattoos and his friend went there for the drugs. It was just J's friend who was charging up all the debt. He just wanted someone along for the ride.

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling