[lbo-talk] Patti Waldmeir: Wal-Mart women take to class war

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 20 07:07:10 PST 2005

Brad Mayer wrote:

>Gosh, what's FT got against WallMart?

You spell it like Paris Hilton understands it! But the piece is actually sympathetic to Wal-Mart, so I guess the FT has nothing against it.

You may have noticed that Liza Featherstone has a book on this topic that makes for far better reading than Waldmeir's crappy column.

>One only wishes that its Chinese suppliers do the same.
>
>Of course, it's all to be decided in the Anglo-Saxon era law courts.
>Yeah right.

When was the Anglo-Saxon era? Are we still in it?

Doug